with Jenn Wooten and Laura Forsyth
June 2-8, 2023 – LAST ROOMS
June 8-14, 2022 – LAST ROOMS
Join Jenn and Laura for the first time on the stunning Italian Rivera, where the mountains meet the sea on the Ligurian Coast of Italy. Our home will be on the picture perfect peninsula of Sestri Levante where the crowds are few in comparison to the neighboring villages of Cinque Terre. Our days will be filled with lounging, swimming, hiking and exploring the neighboring towns (including Portofino, Sant Margherita and Camogli).
This 6 night / 7 day yoga vacation is the GEM of our 2023 calendar. Did I mention that you’ll be staying in a converted CASTLE?
Read on and secure your space early, we are limited to 13 rooms total!
Your yoga adventure vacation takes you to the famed Italian Rivera where you’ll stay at Grand Hotel dei Castelli , located on the peninsula of Sestri Levante. The green of the Mediterranean vegetation melts with the colors of the sea on this iconic property which includes the grounds that are a 4.5 acre natural park. With the impressive portal created from the ancient town walls, you get the impression of entering another time. The senses carry in a dimension where the charm of history and art melt with the masterpieces of nature.
Although the castle is beautifully restored with modern amenities, you will step back in time to an era of knights and ladies of honor.
From the promontory you can comfortably reach the center of the town, the sea promenade and the marina simply using the private lift.
Our yoga vacation is a a little different than some other locations. We’ll have 6 nights at the 4 star Castelli hotel, daily breakfasts and yoga (1 – 2 sessions / day) on the spectacular grounds of the hotel. We’re including 2 group lunches and 3 group dinners plus 4 group excursions.
This adventure is designed to combine this awe-inspiring backdrop with the company of a good friends, good food, and yoga. Free time is built in for you to enjoy the Mediterranean in the say you prefer whether that’s hiking, swimming or just relaxing with a Aperol Spritz.
Travel, Additional Information & FAQ’s
Included in your yoga vacation:
- Accommodations at the beautiful Grand Hotel dei Castelli located on the peninsula of Sestri Levante surrounded by two bays and a private natural park/garden
- Daily Yoga and Meditation in the Grand Hotel dei Castelli’s enchanting gardens overlooking the sea
- Daily Breakfast provided at Ristorante ai Castelli. Enjoy breakfast while being mesmerized by the sea views
- Welcome Dinner, including Aperitivo and Wine in the town of Sestri Levante at one of the locals’ favorites
- Mid-Week Ligurian Lite Dinner in the beautiful village of Sestri Levante
- Sunset Aperitivo and Farewell Dinner with Wine at Ristorante ai Castelli with beautiful views of both the Bay of Fairy Tales and the Bay of Silence
- Pesto Cooking Class with Ligurian Wine Tasting, including a Pasta Trofie with Pesto lunchTraditional Ligurian lunch with breathtaking views of the sea and the town of Camogli.
- Ligurian culinary tasting at artisanal store
- Guided Hike from Sestri Levante to Punta Manara
- Guided Hike or Seaside stroll from Portofino to Santa Margherita. (Option to skip the hike/walk and return via Ferry to Sestri Levante)
- Guided Hike in Camogli to San Rocco and Batterie with stunning views of the Ligurian Coast
- Train Ride from Santa Margherita to Sestri Levante
- Ferry Ride from Sestri Levante to San Fruttuoso and Portofino
- Roundtrip Train Ride to Camogli
- Expert guide throughout the entire trip
To get to our paradise, you can fly into several major cities , all which have trains that go directly to Sestri Levanti. We anticipate that many will add some extra time in Italy (WHY NOT!)
The closest airport is Genova, about 50 minutes.
Both Milan and Florence Airport are approximately 2 hours.
Pisa Airport is approximately 90 minutes
ALL locations have trains that go to Sestri Levante and the hotel can provide a pick up.
We anticipate that MOST participants will add some extra time in some region of Italy. If you fly to Milan, Rose, or Florence (for example), you’ll want at least one night before heading to Sestri the start day of the retreat/
We will start collecting travel plans several months in advance to get an idea of participants travel plans. Your teachers can help connect participants as needed.
By car, click HERE for further details.
What to pack:
- Easy clothes for sunshine and swimming!
- Good walking shoes
- Possibly a couple of nicer outfits for evenings out
- Yoga clothes
- Adapters for electronics
Jenn is a certified yoga therapist and yoga educator who has studied yoga and mindfulness for over 20 years. She has been a teacher, mentor and group facilitator in the Austin yoga community since 2004. Her teaching style focuses on embodiment, functional movement, joy and resilience. Jenn teaches trauma-informed yoga classes and leads foundational and in-depth yoga teacher trainings, mentorships and retreats throughout the world. She guides students to respond to life’s stressors through embodiment, breath, self-awareness and self-compassion. Her teaching is engaging, accessible and warm-hearted. Jenn’s gift is her intuitive ability to help students lean into to their own self-authority and connect to their body as a source of wisdom. The core of her teaching is helping people cultivate a yoga and mindfulness practice as a pathway for healing, awakening and wholeness.minimize stress, heal our bodies, and focus our minds. Self-transformation and awakening within has guided Bita to teach from a place of love, respect and integrity.
Laura Forsyth is the founder of One Yoga Global. She began her yoga studentship over 20 years ago and began teaching in 2005. She served as National Events Director for a large yoga studio group for 13 years, and still offers mentorship to yoga studios and studio owners. As a teacher, Laura specializes in Hatha yoga for all levels, yoga for stress management, yin yoga, restorative yoga and iRest yoga nidra. She leads workshops and trainings on special topics and she serves as guest faculty in various teacher training programs. She is deeply grateful to all her teachers including Dr. Richard Miller, Judith Lasater, Donna Farhi, Leslie Kaminoff and so many more.
Fri. June 2 – Thurs. June 8, 2023
Double Occupancy: $3495 pp
Single Occupancy: $4595
One newly available!
Double Occupancy: $3895 pp
Single Occupancy: $5195
SUITE – SOLD OUT
Thurs. June 8 – Wed. June 14, 2023
Double Occupancy: $3495 pp
Single Occupancy: $4595
ONE still available
Double Occupancy: $4195 pp
- 7 days / 6 nights accommodations at Castelli
- Yoga Classes
- Breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 group dinners
- Activities mentioned under retreat details
- Travel to and from Sestri Levante
- Optional activities
- Meals not mentioned
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
TO RESERVE, YOU ONLY NEED TO PLACE A $695 DEPOSIT.
Refunds and Cancellations: Refund less deposit ($695) before January 15, 2023. No refunds after January 15, 2023. In case of cancellation, you may transfer your deposit or your reservation to another person as long as you notify One Yoga Global 21+ days in advance. Due to arrangements made with our vacation hosts, there can be no exceptions to this policy.
If you place a deposit, the balance due will be set to charge in equal installments starting the month after deposit through March 2023, unless other arrangements are made. Participants will be required to sign the application and liability waiver to participate on this trip.
We HIGHLY recommend that you consider purchasing Travel Insurance. Travel insurance companies like travel Guard and Trawick International offer policies that insure your investment in case you need to cancel (including “cancel for any reason” coverages), coverages for expenses incurred due to weather & travel delays, personal property loss and emergency travel medical. Please review policies carefully to choose the coverage you need.
We recommend that you consider purchasing trip insurance to protect your investment. Trawick International and Travel Guard are two providers that we recommend. Please review policies carefully to ensure they provide the coverage you need.